Friday 11 May 2012

Help Raise Awareness


Amelie Lewi is a beautiful little girl who lives with her parents in South East London.  She was tragically diagnosed with Tay Sachs.
Tay-Sachs disease is a progressive neurological genetic disorder. To find out more READ THIS.
Her parents, Daniel and Patricia Lewi were told in 2011 that their little girl is suffering from the terminal illness which has no known cure.  They have started a campaign to raise £3million for a clinical trial into the rare disease.
The disease usually starts affecting children at six months old, and most victims do not live past five.
When I read their story I cried. I Cried for them and this cruel blow they’ve had to endure. Cried for this beautiful little girl who doesn’t deserve this.  But also when I imagined how I would feel if it had been one of my children who had been diagnosed.  I instantly felt the need to spread the word and I’m hoping anyone reading this will either let their friends and family know about this story or donate or both!
Anyone can be a carrier of this defective gene and it was only afterwards that Amelie’s parents discovered they were both carriers.
You can DONATE HERE and help them with their fight for a cure and for more research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...